Wowza. I’m glad it’s Friday. This has definitely been one of those weeks where, if it’s not one thing, it’s something else. I don’t like being a Master Complainer, but I need to get this off my chest.
This week we’ve:
- Had glass bottle of very sticky soda smash on the kitchen floor. Cleaned it up, but not well enough.
- Woken up to ants all over the sticky mess. Got rid of the ants and the stick mess with the steam mop.
- Cracked two horribly rotten eggs from our darling chickens (first time I’ve experienced that).
- Come home to Willow in her crate, surrounded by a pool of diarrhea and vomit (the crate that’s in the bedroom, our one carpeted room). This led to a multitude of complications, including the house reaching 85 degrees while we attempted to air it out.
- Experienced the at-least-weekly cat vomit in the morning.
- Woken up to another kitchen ant attack.
- Probably had other absurd things happen that have blissfully escaped my mind.
BUT! We’ve had some good, too:
- Sadie and I joined our friends for a end-of-the-summer swim and takeout dinner.
- I went to my second ICAN meeting and felt really good about it. Went more in-depth about Sadie’s birth story.
- Coincidentally bumped into a woman from the ICAN meeting as I was fleeing my poopy house and was invited to my first La Leche League meeting. This provided the perfect escape from the house–Sadie and I were able to eat dinner, play with other babies and talk about breastfeeding while the house aired out.
- As I write this, running late for work, Trevor is kindly fixing me breakfast so I can take a breather. Thanks, love.
Oh, how I hope this Friday and weekend go better than the rest of this week.