Sadie and I went to her 1-year check-up at her pediatrician’s yesterday morning. It was pretty uneventful, but a few things worth mentioning:
- Sadie weighs 20 pounds! She’s mostly been on the upper end of the chart for her weight, but she’s now trending toward under the 50th percentile. This is normal for breastfed babies, and it’s definitely not surprising considering Trevor and I were tiny kids (skinny doesn’t even begin to justify it).
- However, she is still toward the upper end of the chart for her height (30+ inches). Dr. Miers said we might just be catching her consistently after growth spurts, but that we’ll have a better picture of whether she’ll be towering over Trevor and me when she’s in the 6th grade in about six months.
- Dr. Miers thinks we’re on the right track with night-weaning Sadie. She encourages me to continue breastfeeding as long as Sadie will, but she thinks that Sadie could be sleeping through the night at this point. And that Trevor’s efforts should help with that.*
- I guess you’re supposed to teach your baby to play pat-a-cake by 12 months. Oh, well. She demonstrated she can high-five this morning, so I’m not worried. Dr. Miers wasn’t either.
- Sadie is a ROCKSTAR when it comes to shots. She got two yesterday, and she only cried for a little tiny bit. A little nursing goes a long way!